We invited all interested vendors to our Multi-Vendor Interoperability Test in collaboration with the MPLS SD & AI Net World Congress 2022. The NETCONF testing took place from January 24-28, 2022, and the MPLS SDN testing from February 14-25, 2022, in Berlin, Germany. The results are published in one combined test report and presented live at the Congress from April 5-7, 2022, in Paris.
EANTC’s test event is a well-established event beneficial for small and large vendors alike. EANTC, as an independent party, creates an ecosystem to conduct testing in the most advanced application scenarios addressing service providers’ needs. We exhibit a tangible, lab-validated network showcasing mature as well as the latest advances in different technology areas.
The latest innovations in the following technology areas were covered:
- Ethernet VPNs, including advanced service and routing options
- Segment Routing (MPLS, VXLAN, SRv6 Domain Interworking, 400ZR testing)
- Traffic engineering and policing with Flex Algo
- Clock synchronization
- Network management and orchestration
In the NETCONF test, we covered the following use case scenarios:
- Automation, monitoring, and telemetry of 5G Transport
- 5G end-to-end slicing across data center, core/aggregation, and access using different transport technologies
- Enterprise VPN services, specifically data center interconnect (DCI)
- Cloud-RAN xhaul and packet network clocking
Benefits of Participation
EANTC’s interoperability reports are respected by service providers, raising customer awareness of the state of implementation for innovative network concepts. We describe use case scenarios and design blueprints which service providers can adopt for their network designs. Our reports have helped to kick off network innovation projects, to fulfill RFP requirements with regards to interoperability, and to avoid individual PoCs covering similar technical questions. The initiative provides a unique opportunity to test and troubleshoot interoperability with third-party vendors in a friendly pre-production environment. Participating in the test event improves quality and reduces implementation time in customer projects.
Marketing and Publication
The results of this interoperability event are marketed:
- Test Report – extensive, detailed description of all use cases, test setups, and results (positive results by vendor/ solution name, negative results anonymously as “state of the industry”). It will be available free of charge on our website.
- Multi-vendor Demos – live demonstrations by participants and EANTC representatives at the EANTC showcase booth in Paris
- Press Releases and blog posts – by EANTC and participating vendors
- Websites – by EANTC and participating vendors
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube)
- EANTC Newsletter