Results and Live Showcase of Industry’s Biggest Telecom Transport Multi-Vendor Interop Event
EANTC published the results of the annual multi-vendor MPLS SDN interoperability test event. The results are showcased live at Upperside’s MPLS SD & AI Net World Congress in Paris this week. Detailed descriptions of each test and its results are published in our 64-page test report.
Arista, Arrcus, Calnex, Ciena, Cisco, Ericsson, HPE, Huawei, Intel, Juniper, Keysight, Microchip, Nokia, RARE/freeRtr, Ribbon, Spirent, and UfiSpace jointly executed extensive tests at EANTC’s Lab in Berlin, Germany. More than 80 attendees (onsite and remote) from these 17 vendors teamed up to validate the interoperability and integration of state-of-art telecom transport network technologies.
EANTC designed the interoperability test cases to probe the maturity of transport network solutions to support 5G network services, data center networking evolution, and multi-vendor domain orchestration. The event covered more than 60 test cases evaluated in many multi-vendor combinations, and more than 1,230 test results were achieved.
The latest innovations in the following technology areas were covered:
- IPv6 Unnumbered Underlay and IPv6 VTEP
- Optimized Inter-subnet Multicast Forwarding (OISM)
- EVPN-VPWS Seamless Integration
- EVPN Gateway Interworking
- uSID interoperability
- SRv6 Locator Summarization with uSID
- SRv6 Unreachable Prefix Announcement (UPA)
- Inter As BGP Classful Transport
- SR-MPLS Inter-Domain SR-TE Assisted by BGP-LS
- Signaling a Colored SR-MPLS and SRv6 Policy
- PCC-Dynamic Paths Instantiation
- NETCONF Transport Slicing Controller
- Fronthaul transport tests under O-RAN Specs
- Calculating limits for chains of Boundary Clocks
- eSyncE verification
- PTP over MACsec
The EANTC team highly appreciates the outstanding commitment of all participating vendors to standards-based solutions and independent, transparent interoperability verification.